Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Guaranteed Contracts ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hornetjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    169
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the idea of Guaranteed Contracts - provides an awesome bit of strategy into the game. However, I thought maybe one tidbit in the rules should be discussed, and perhaps, changed.

    Why should a trade allow an owner to release them from their contract? You can see their contract length and such before the trade - so unless the player is in a zero year - don't trade for them unless you want to keep them for their contract length. The NBA won't even let you have the 0 year release without a payout and cap hit - so it works and adds intrigue to the game. I would say that if a new team takes over, then we should allow a period of a few days for a release though. What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner diluted's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,589
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think what was meant was that when the player is traded its not longer that teams responsibility but that the contract must still be adhered to by the new team

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner fasttracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    4Horse is correct

    The way i wrote it is that if you trade the player you no longer have to worry about the long contract ... its now the other teams problem

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hornetjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    169
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My bad - excellent move guys - carry on [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner diluted's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,589
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh brother, are we going to have to put up with this consistantly? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member hornetjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    169
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh it will be much worse during the season. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have never trusted you or your horsie friends. Now I find out your from New Zealand. How do I know you are not from Mt. Mordor serving the eye? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Leonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He's from the Waikato... Mordor would actually be an improvement.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member King Z-ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2002
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please, guys. If I have to hear anymore references to three of the worst movies of all time I'll have to quit the league.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner diluted's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    1,589
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by King Z-ster:
    Please, guys. If I have to hear anymore references to three of the worst movies of all time I'll have to quit the league.
    <font size="2" face="Sylfaen, Verdana, Helvetica">[img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member hornetjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    169
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Z-ster sometimes I wonder about you - go back to watching the English Patient and I will send you a box of Puffs [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •